Mix up your regular pancake routine by adding an extra special crunch, that's right granola! An exclusive recipe for Pyknic and blog post crafted by Georgie of InIt4TheLongRun.com / @InIt4TheLongRun on Instagram.
I think we can all agree that you physically can’t be upset when you’re eating a good stack of pancakes. It’s like how you naturally smile when you say “cheese,” it’s just a fact. So, I’m not trying to brag, but I’m pretty much sharing a recipe for happiness… #nobigdeal. These fluffy little delights are stuffed with crunchy granola and topped with fresh peaches. Bonus: if you’re feelin’ extra jazzy (like I was) you can drizzle some almond butter on top. Yeah, this flavor/texture trifecta is not to be messed with.
I’m bringing this recipe for happiness to you as a part of mini series with the lovely folks at Pyknic. Whenever I wear my “Pancakes Please” tank, which incidentally is quite a lot, I always think of Amanda Bynes saying “Amanda Pleaase.”
Poor poor Amanda. She is a prime example why I would never wish fame on my worst enemy. I have huge amounts of respect for the celebrities who keep it together under all of that pressue… and plenty of sympathy for those who… don’t. How insane it would be to have random herds of strangers in your face 24/7 wherever you go? As an introvert that literally sounds like my worst nightmare *shudders.*
But anyway, back to happier thoughts… like these pancakes! I think we can all agree that pancakes are just better with stuff in them. As much as I’d like to take all the credit for granola-cakes, alas I cannot. I was inspired by one of my favorite breakfast joints growing up who had “trailcakes” aka granola stuffed pancakes. They were a perfect juxtaposition of fluffy and crunchy.
You can use whatever granola you’ve got on hand, but if you’re looking for a homemade recipe here’s one of my favorites I’ve shared: Extra Crunchy Super Seed Granola.
- 1½ Cups of Flour *
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of granola
- Toppings: 1 sliced peach
- Almond butter
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients minus the granola (flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt).
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Create a well with the dry ingredients and slowly pour in wet ingredients, combine but be careful not to over mix or pancakes will become dense and chewy.
- Add in the granola and lightly mix.
- Heat frying pan or griddle on medium high, lightly coat with butter or non stick spray.
- After a minute when the pan has heated up pour in pancake batter. Recipe should make about 5 small pancakes.